BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 7, 2007

Gud Nyus Fo Olman

So this last week I have been challenged a lot! At youth group on tuesday Chris brought to our attention how bad gossip really is. It tears people apart, it ruins relationships, it does nothing but destroy. I know I have definitely let myself slide in this area. If people hurt me in some way or do something I don't agree with I tend to talk about them with others instead of bringing it to God. When you talk about it with others you are tainting their view of whoever you talk about and it also makes it bigger in your mind. I want to stop gossiping... I don't want to be one of those people... I don't want to be bitter! So if I start gossiping to you, stop me. Thanks!

In pre-marital counselling we are talking about how we would define love in a marriage relationship. Dr.Ed was telling us about a man who came in to see him and said he didn't love his wife anymore. This man didn't feel like he used to about his wife. Dr. Ed challenged us to really think about what love is. It is a commitment to one another to grow and mature and keep going even when it's hard. I was thinking about it, and honestly, I wouldn't want anything less than this. When you love like this both partners can feel secure, they can trust, you know someone is totally and utterly committed to you. I think that feeling is better than any 'lovey dovey' feeling that man who fell out of love with his wife ever felt! I am so excited to be married to Nathan. I honestly view it as a privilege to be able to be his wife in 54 days and I am SUPER glad that my parents are paying for our pre-marital counselling! It has been a blessing!

On Friday Kellee asked Nathan and I if we wanted to go for dinner with her and the boys. The Synesael family is so much fun! haha. They have been a huge blessing in mine and Nathan's lives and I'm so happy that Chris is going to marry us and that Kellee is going to make a beautiful and delicious cake for us all to enjoy! And the boys... they're just so darn cute!

Yesterday my mom's friend Heather came over to show us what she came up with for the flowers. I love planning these kinds of details... they're so much fun and now all of us are so so so excited for the wedding to finally come. I can't believe I get to be a bride! Oh boy!

Sorry if this was boring, but it was what was on my mind! I hate world vision commercials... they make me sad! I can always hear them in the background because for some reason my parents ALWAYS leave the t.v. on this channel when they go to work. At 10:00 it's usually the one where Fred Penner travels to Zambia... haha. I'm feeling all emotional... I think I'll go work on my wedding vows! Bye! Oh, one other thing... Lindsay and Vanessa are doing pretty good. I think Lindsay is still in culture shock, but she's adjusting. She asks for prayer that her team's ministry will be effective and they will accomplish what they went there to do.

p.s. the title is in Krio (kind of) Can you decipher it?



All creation proclaims how great You are!

4 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Kerri,
    hi! do you remember me? from PRBI, the kinda weird one :) I was checking out Robyn's blog and I saw you commented so I thought I'd check out your blog. Well I'm glad to here about Vanessa and Lindsay in India. I have barely heard anything so It's good to hear they are ok. I've been praying for them! Well, I hope that all goes well with your wedding and I'll talk to you later.
    love Aimee
    Queen*Caitlin said...
    Good News for All Men.....yeah baby. :) Hi Kerri...I love your blog. :) You type the way you talk. I'm glad that L and V are doing ok. I haven't heard from them since right before they left. And I'm SO glad you're loving getting ready for your big day!!! I love ya.

    I just had a horrible moment...I forget how to say goodbye AFRICAN STYLE!!! Help me! :)

    *C
    branflakes said...
    Looks who i found on here more things for me to stock you with!!! hope all is well with you and that I love ya!!! take care
    Anonymous said...
    Hey Keroodoo! I love your blog and I love you too! :) Thanks for praying for us! Man I'm getting so excited to see you! :) Okay that's all. Love you LOTS!!!
    Vanoodoo

Post a Comment