BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The title was pretty much just for Nathan, Lindsay, and Vanessa. I hope it gave you three a good laugh!

So, this week has been interesting? It has been full of highs and lows and mediums and a whole lot of what the heck is going on. A few weeks ago I was thinking to myself, "Kerri, do you know what would be horrible? It would be horrible if your dad wasn't able to walk you down the aisle." And then I thought back to myself, "You're right, that would be horrible!" And no sooner than a week later my dad has a stroke. I think I have premonitions or something. Now let me tell you, was that ever terrifying! It is so hard to see the protector of your household lying on a bed in the emergency room unable to speak or feel his right side. By the grace of God though, he is recovering well and he is expected to make a full recovery. God orchestrated so many things that I can't even list them all. He has been good to us. I truly believe that this will be a testimony to God's greatness to believers and non-believers alike. Through it all, my dad has trusted God. Monday night he practiced the name of Jesus so he could say it perfectly. On tuesday when we went to see him he managed to get out the words "God is good." Well said Mr. Gary Samson, well said. He has been through a lot and is still praising the name of Jesus. This has spoken volumes to me. He is "suffering well" as my mom says. I am so thankful.

Last night at youth group we watched the Nooma video "Lump". Seriously, it seems like Chris chooses the right nooma video at exactly the right time. In this one he was telling a story about how his son had been caught lying to his mom. When he got home he found his son lying under the covers in his bed. He had been under there for two hours; He wanted to hide his shame. The dad took his son into his arms and said There is nothing that you could do to make me love you any less. We have a choice to either keep hiding under the blankets or uncover ourselves and let our merciful Father meet us where we are and hold us in his arms and let us know that there is nothing we could do that would make Him love us any less. What a privilege it is to belong to the Almighty, and yet I more often than not take it for granted.

Wow, I sound so emo. In a good way though. A hopeful emo. Is there such a thing? Who knows, let's just pretend.

How about I finish this off with some funny things my dad has said since he had his stroke. He understands everything we say and he knows when he says words wrong, nonetheless a lot of things still come out all jumbled up. Example:

English: Pull up a Chair!
Dad: Pull up a Fred!

English: They gave me a sponge bath.
Dad: They gave me a bum bath. Did I just say bum bath?

English: Blueberry muffin.
Dad: Poo Kerri muffin.

(speaking to me while playing cards)

English: You're a wuss!
Dad: You're a woof!
Kathleen: No, wuss. Sound it out. WU - SSSSS
Dad: Oh, WU - SSSS
Kathleen: Yup, that's right.
Dad: (turns to me) You're such a woof!



My dad laughs at himself too, so it's okay. We'll see what my next post will be about. Will it be about maycamp or will it be about what I did over the long weekend that did not involve going to maycamp? I still don't know. This is a hard decision.

Did you know I'm getting married in 45 days? Oh my!

3 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    hey you! i hope everything is going ok with you and your family! we will all surely miss you if you aren't at May Camp... but we will for sure be thinking of you.
    Rosemary
    Queen*Caitlin said...
    Oh my gosh, Kerri. I laughed so hard at that! And the Lump Nooma is my FAVORITE!!! I cried when I saw it. It's so incredibly powerful. I'm so glad that your dad is doing better and still laughing at himself! :) I love you a ton. *C
    Anonymous said...
    Hey Kerri! Don't worry, I'm pretty sure I'm not suffering from SBHS. LOL, oh man I hadn't thought about SBHS for so long! Thanks for the laugh. I'm so glad that you are able to keep a positive attitude through this hard time. Jesus has your family in the palm of his hand, just keep clinging on to him. You are such an encouragment and blessing to me. :) Tell your dad hi for me and that I'm praying for him! See you in... 38ish days!!
    I love you TONS!
    ~Vanessa

Post a Comment