BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 24, 2007

So I'm sure whoever reads this already knows that I went to maycamp so that is what the majority of this post will be about! It was not a fun decision to get to but man, am I ever glad I went. I read amy's blog and I definitely agree that there is way too much to try and type out so I will mention a few of my favourite memories...

1. Dancing in the cabin with emily and kiana and amy and whoever the rest of the girls were. That was hilarious!

2. Nathan and Brandon calling Amy Garner "Stranger Danger". Did you know she has pictures of like EVERYONE on her wall? haha.

3. Hanging out with Amy Iggulden and Danica (my sister in 37 days). They are some seriously cool girls!

4. All the group building games... most of which I did not participate in but had a lot of fun watching. What kind of leader am I? Let's play skin the snake... haha

5. Watching all the youth drink the Pollywort and Grass Jelly (banana flavour!) drinks nathan and I brought. Definitely got that on video!

6. The speaker. He was from GREAT (he made sure he emphasized that) Britain. He was hilarious but not overdone like some other speakers I have seen. He talked about being radically obedient to God. Wow, what he talked about was powerful and I know it hit home with a lot of our youth. I just hope it sticks!

7. Starfield! They did a performance/ worship service. After Glen spoke they came up again and Tim Neufeld (lead singer) kind of just started talking about how he met Jesus. He has a great story, just like everyone. That definitely made it easier to praise God instead of just focusing on Starfield themselves. They had us all get in circles to just pray for eachother. They had us lift our hands as an outward expression of worship. It was powerful, not manipulated. It was also kind of cool that we got to meet them afterwards... I asked if they'd play at our wedding. They laughed. I guess that was a no? haha.

8. The Bus. I swear I had some of the best times on the bus. "NO STANDEES PERMITTED!! NO VIGOROUS TOUCHING!" That was Brandon's anthem for the weekend.

I had an awesome time and I knew I would. It's funny how sometimes you know you're going to have a good time, it's just convincing yourself to go that's the hard part. It was such a privilege to be there when all of our youth experienced God in such a real way. I am so glad I was able to be a part of that!

So, that was maycamp.

Here's some other updates:

MY DAD IS HOME!!!! woohoo! I was so excited when I found out he was going to be home on tuesday and it has been great having him home.

I get married in 37 days and it feels like there's still so much to do. I'm sure every bride feels this way though and that is what keeps me from stressing out. If anyone has any tips on anything... let me know! I'm so excited for my wedding showers! My first one is on june 1st with some highschool friends. That should be interesting... I told Leah that she better not plan anything that will embarass me!

Lindsay is hiking in the himalayas right now (as far as I know, she doesn't email that often) and she's sick! She's on antibiotics right now. If you think about it, pray for her health and the health of the others on her team.

I'm excited for life right now. It's a hard/ stressful time with all this stuff going on, but God is good! I just want to encourage you all to bring everything to God. It's amazing how burdens can be lifted and bitterness can be washed away and you can just feel clean and rejuvenated and alive!
That's all for now... Sorry this was so long, if you made it this far, congratulations! Leave me a comment! haha

Kerr.

Oh, One last thing. I also encourage everyone to go down the import food aisle in the store and see what interesting things you can find. I recommend the aloe vera chilled dessert! No, I haven't tried it but it looks interesting.

Oh, and one actually last thing. CONGRATULATIONS to Chris, Kellee, Tyler, and JJ! You have a beautiful new edition to your family and I'm so excited to get to know Emilee Renee!

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    aw kerri, it was so good hanging out w/ you too! you're a pretty friggin HILARIOUS lady, it was fun! you know what wasn't fun though? trying to brush our hair out after hanging it out the window of the bus. yeah not so good times there. haha <3
    Anonymous said...
    kerri im so happy so made it to may camp!! it was fun dancing with you and the rest of the girls in the cabin too.. haha goodtimes, goodtimes.
    Rosemary

Post a Comment