BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Cup of Tea

I don't really drink tea, but I would like to! I think my taste buds will mature some day and when that day comes I will enjoy using my "new" tea cups. I really enjoy hearing the story and history behind special objects in someone's home. My grandma invited me over for dinner one night a couple months ago and offered to let me have any of her special china teacups and I jumped at the chance! I thought I'd show them to you :) The pictures are kinda horrible. I need a camera that's not on my phone!


My grandma just thought this one was pretty. I don't know where she got it from...
This teacup belonged to my great grandma, Granny Sam
This one was a 25th wedding anniversary present for my grandma and grandpa.
My grandma worked at Eaton's for quite a while and when she went back to work after having my mama, she bought this as a present to herself in 1956 :)
This is my favourite of the bunch! It was a secret santa present from her manager at Eaton's. There is one other one she had that I've loved since I was a little girl but she said she wasn't ready to part with it yet, I was okay with that :)

This has made me wonder what in my home I cherish and want to share the story of. Hmmmm.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment